Cell phone is a part of our life, and SIM is the heart of phone. Actually, it was, now phone doesn’t need a SIM card to be useful. A SIM card is a small chip that identifies a mobile device and enables it to connect to a cellular network. However, some devices, such as tablets, laptops and GPS trackers, do not require a SIM card for connectivity.
Let’s get into the main part of this article. Phone tracking has become a crucial aspect of our daily lives. It serves several purposes, such as locating lost phones and monitoring the whereabouts of children. or for any security reasons.
However, a common question that comes up is whether it’s possible to track a phone without a SIM card. The answer is Yes, you can track a phone without even a SIM card.
In this article, we’ll delve into the different ways of tracking a phone without a SIM card and will guide you step by step if you’re looking to track a phone that doesn’t have a SIM card.
5 Methods of Track a Phone without a SIM Card
1. How to track a phone with “Find My App”
One of the most popular methods of tracking a phone without a SIM card is using the “Find My” app. These apps are built into most smartphones. Such as for Android devices “Find My Device” and for IOS is the “Find My” App. With these apps, you can track the location of a device remotely even if it doesn’t have a SIM card.
Here’s how to use it on Android and iOS devices:
- Open the “Find My Device” app on your Android device.
- Sign in with your Google account if you already haven’t signed in.
- The app will show the location of your device on a map.
- You can use the app to ring the device, lock it, or erase its data remotely.
- Open the “Find My” app on your iOS device.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- The app will show the location of your device on a map.
- You can use the app to play a sound on your device, put it in lost mode, or erase its data remotely.
It’s important to note that the “Find My” apps only work if the device is connected to the internet. If the device is turned off or not connected to the internet, you won’t be able to track its location. Also, you must have previously enabled location tracking on the device you want to track now and given permission for the app to access it.
2. How to Track a Phone without SIM card using uMobix app
uMobix is a great option for parents who want to keep their kids safe online. With this app, parents can monitor phone activities, including their child’s location, call history, text messages, web browsing history, and much more.
To track a phone with the uMobix app, follow these steps:
- Download and install the uMobix app on your children’s phones. You’ll need physical access to the device to install the app.
- Once the app is installed, log in to your uMobix account on a computer or another device.
- From your uMobix dashboard, you’ll be able to track the target phone’s location in real-time, along with other information.
- You can also set up geofencing alerts, which will notify you if the target phone enters or exits a certain area.
- The uMobix app is a paid service, so you’ll need to subscribe to one of their plans to access all of its features.
3. Track a phone without SIM card through Wi-Fi router
Another way to track a phone without a SIM card is through its Wi-Fi router. If the phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network and you know it, you can track its internet activities using the router’s client list.
Here are the steps you can follow:
- Find out which Wi-Fi network the phone is connected to.
- Access the router’s settings by entering its IP address in a web browser and logging in using the appropriate credentials.
- Look for a section that displays the list of connected devices or clients. This should show you all the devices that are currently connected to the Wi-Fi network, including the phone you want to track.
- Once you have found the phone on the list, you can click on it to view its internet activity. This will show you the websites and online services that the phone is accessing, as well as the amount of data it is using.
It’s important to keep in mind that tracking a phone’s internet activity through a Wi-Fi router is not as precise as using GPS tracking. Also, you will must need to have access to the router’s settings and login credentials, which may not always be possible.
4. Track a Lost Phone Without SIM Card Using Social Media
Another way to track a phone without a SIM card is by using social media apps like Facebook and Instagram. Social media apps often track the location of a phone when the user posts something or checks in at a location. If you have lost your phone and have social media accounts linked to it, you may be able to use these accounts to track your phone’s location from another device.
How to Track a phone using Facebook:
- Log in to your Facebook account and go to settings
- Find the “Location“. and tap on it.
- Make sure “Location History” and “Location Services” are turned on.
- Click on “View Your Location History” to see your phone’s last known location.
- If your phone is currently turned on and connected to the internet, you can click on “View Live Location” to track its real-time location.
5. Track a Lost Phone without SIM Card Using Gmail
If you used the Gmail app on the device you have lost, then there is a way you can find out the device’s location using your Gmail.
How to track a phone using Gmail, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Gmail account on a computer or laptop.
- Click on the “Profile” icon in the top right corner and then tap on “Manage Your Google Account“.
- From the Google Account page, select “Security” from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to “Recent security activity” and click on the device you see.
- Here, you’ll see the device name with the last location of the phone.
Privacy Concerns of Phone Tracking
Phone tracking can reveal a lot of personal information about an individual’s whereabouts and activities, which can be a violation of their privacy. It is important to consider the privacy of the individual being tracked and ensure that they are aware of the tracking.
Note: Don’t use these methods to act on illegal activities.