Did you know you can use a smartphone monitoring technology that lets you monitor all the activities of your child on their smartphone?
These are software that tell you what websites they are visiting, who they are talking to online, what apps they frequent, what conversations they are having, and all the content they interact with.
Fortunately, there are many software that help with this. And one of the best ones is Bark Parental control app. This guide has everything you need to know and why you should use it. Check out real people reviews, its pricing, features, advantages and disadvantages, and why it is one of our top recommendations.
- 7-day free trial
- Manage screen time
- Social media monitoring
- GPS location tracking
- Bark app build-in smartphone
- 24/7 customer service
- Bit of expensive
- No keylogger.
Bark Plans & Prices
Like you would expect from other similar services, the service comes with a free trial for beginners. You can try it for free for seven days with any of their premium memberships before you decide whether you want to pay for it.
There are two options to choose from;
- Bark Premium for $14/ month
- Bark Jr. for $5/ month
Bark Premium Features
Obviously, Bark Premium comes with the most features and benefits as shown below;
- Get coverage for your family size – you can add unlimited kids and all their devices including phones, tablets, and computers
- Know your kids’ locations and check-ins – This alerts you when your kids enter or leave a pre-set address, gives you directions to their check-ins, and helps you verify your kids’ locations no matter where they are.
- Manage screen time management – you can create custom screen time, set rules for bedtime, school, and free time, and even deactivate the internet conveniently.
- Safe Browsing – Filter and supervise the websites your kids’ visit, block up to 19 categories of content including porn, and get alerts when they try to access.
- Compressive Monitoring – monitor more than 30 apps and platforms your kids use including emails, YouTube, texts, and more, scan unlimited activities, receive content alerts 24/7, and get insights on your child’s activities.
- Get risk alerts – this includes cyberbullying, threats, suicidal ideation, grooming, online predators, sextortion, hate speech, medically concerning content, alcohol and drugs, violence, and more.
- World-class customer support – access the customer support team unlimitedly, get a weekly recap of your alerts, parental control guides, social media news, and other related tech and features, and more.
Bark Jr. Features
The Bark Jr. membership doesn’t have as many features as Bark Premium but it is still a good place to start if you are on a budget or are still contemplating fully committing.
Here is a glimpse of what you get;
- Coverage for your family size – add unlimited kids with all devices
- Location sharing – get alerts of where your kids are, how long they stay on a premise, and directions to their locations if needed.
- Security and Privacy – this includes encrypted databases, physical servers, web browsing sessions, anonymized data, and more
- Screen time management – create screen time schedules and deactivate the internet as required
- Safe browsing – you can allow or block websites and apps, block up to 19 categories of content, and get alerts of attempted access to blocked sites
How to Get Start with Bark Parental Control
The service has a great user interface that allows for easy navigation and this includes easy signup and log-in process. You can simply sign up on the website or download the app.
To sign up on the website;
- Visit bark.us
- Click “Start Free Trial” on the top-right corner of the homepage
- On the next page, enter your email, create a password, and agree to their terms and conditions
- There is also an option to enter a promo code if you have
- Hit “Try It Free” at the bottom of the page
Bark App Installation
Unlike many other similar apps that may be challenging to install, especially for parents who are not super tech-savvy, Bark has made it easy. There are 4 apps you can install depending on your device;
- Bark for parents on Android devices
- Bark for parents on iOS devices
- Bark for kids on Android devices
- Bark for kids on iOS devices
Installation and connecting your child’s social media and email accounts on their devices only takes a couple of minutes. However, it may take longer depending on how many kids you have, since you must go through the same process over again for all the kids.
Unfortunately, it gets tricky on iOS devices thanks to Apple. But this is not Bark’s fault. We all know Apple doesn’t make it easy with other applications and platforms. The downloads may be slow and installation may take longer.
Bark Customer Support
For customer support, the service strives to satisfy its users and give them the best experience. They have provided multiple ways to get help for all questions and queries users may have.
They have a blog section where you would find many articles with solutions. They have also packed their FAQ section with real solutions for the commonly asked questions. So before you hit them up on email or phone, check out these sections first.
Otherwise, you can send them a mail by filling out their online form. You can ask your questions here and describe your queries. Alternatively, you can simply start a live conversation with one of their representatives online via their live chat support.
Looking for an app to help you maintain open and honest communication with your kids while ensuring their safety? Bark is most definitely the service for you.
It lets you monitor their physical movements, and online activities, block inappropriate sites, manage screen time, and monitor their content 24/7. Even better, you also get parental guides, advice, insights, and expert recommendation from experts, right on the app.
Not to mention their affordable pricing, great customer service, easy installation, user-friendly navigation, unlimited access for the entire family, and all the other benefits you get.
Frequently Asked Questions
Content monitoring, Screen Time Management, App and Website Blocking, and Location Sharing, among others.
Bark monitors different platforms and apps including internet browser (with Google Chrome extensions), social media including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube House Party, and more. Email accounts including Gmail, Hotmail/ Outlook, AOL Mail, Yahoo Mail, and Comcast. Messaging platforms including Android Text Messages, Google Hangouts, iOS Messages, Messenger, WhatsApp, and Skype, media and gaming, and more.
New members get a 7-day free trial. After that you can choose from the two membership plans; Bark Premium, which goes for $14 a month, or Bark Jr. which goes for $5 a month.