The fact that Instagram doesn’t allow direct image download, doesn’t mean that you are safe from image plagiarism. The screenshot-and-crop trick still works just as good as downloading a photo. Not to mention that there are third-party software and apps that can still allow other people to download your personal pictures.
This is obviously an invasion of your privacy but nothing really protects you from image plagiarism. However, thanks to reverse image search on Instagram you can do a quick search to find out if your image is being used on other Instagram accounts or reposted on other platforms and websites.
- What is Reverse Image Search
- Inside Reverse Image Search Results
- Can you do a Reverse Image Search On Instagram
- Reverse Image Search Instagram, Here What To Do
- How to Reverse Image Search On Instagram with Google Images
- How to Instagram Reverse Image Search with Yandex
- How to Reverse Image Search On Instagram with Microsoft Bing
- How to Do Reverse Image Search on Instagram with TinEye
- How to Instagram Reverse Image Search with Pixsy
- Final Words
- People Also Asked About Instagram
- Most Relevant Topics
What is Reverse Image Search
So, what is reverse image search?
Reverse image search is more or less like performing a search on a search engine like Google using keywords, only this time, you are using a visual search. This means instead of typing words in the search box you submit a photo.
The search engine then analyzes the image patterns, shape, geometry, colors, and pixels, and provides information about the exact, or similar images to the one you submitted.
Inside Reverse Image Search Results
As soon as the search engine gathers as much information as it can, you get the results, usually from different websites, social media, and other platforms.
Some findings you get include;
- The original source of the image
- Images similar to the one you are searching
- Duplicate content on different online platforms and social media
- Fake images
- Other high-resolution versions of the image
- The site the images are posted on
- Who posted the image
Can you do a Reverse Image Search On Instagram
You already know that you cannot download pictures on Instagram, let alone do a reverse image search. So the answer is no. Instagram does not provide the capacity or tools to do a reverse image search, (which they should probably consider).
However, the good news is that there are other ways to perform a Reverse Image Search on Instagram photos. Check them out below.
Reverse Image Search Instagram, Here What To Do
There are two main ways to do a reverse image search on Instagram;
- Search Engines.
- Third-party tools and software.
While there could be several software and tools you can use to do a reverse image search, there aren’t as many search engines to perform this function.
Google, as expected, is one of the reliable search engines you can use to do a reverse image search on Instagram photos. Yandex and Bing are other great search engines that we will look at deeper below.
When it comes to third-party platforms and sites, TinEye takes the lead. Pixsy is also good and gives you detailed information about a photo. Check out how to do a reverse image search on Instagram photos and images below;
How to Reverse Image Search On Instagram with Google Images
Google Images is the number one reverse image search on the web. It is fast and easy to use, and unlike some tools and software, absolutely free. All you need is a Google account, and the image you want to search, and you are set to go.
If you believe someone downloaded your images on Instagram without your consent, here is a step-by-step guide to tracking the offender with Google Images;
- Go to the Google Images official website at images.google.com
- On the right side of the search box, there are two search icons; a sound icon to search by voice and a camera icon to search by image. Click on the camera icon.
- Next, you will get three options; drag and drop an image on the search box, upload an image file, or paste the URL link of the photo
Use any of these options to search your Instagram image that you suspect has been plagiarized and get more information on who is using it without your knowledge.
How to Instagram Reverse Image Search with Yandex
Yandex is not as popular and widely used as Google but it is equally capable when it comes to reverse image search and all searches overall.
Here is how to use Yandex Images;
- Go to Yandex.com or Install and open it
- Right at the search bar, there is a camera icon at the far right that says “Image Search” click on it.
- It will automatically open your file explorer. Choose the Instagram image you want to search for and upload it.
How to Reverse Image Search On Instagram with Microsoft Bing
Bing works just as well as Google Images. The process is similar just as the results. Here is how;
- Download and install Bing on your laptop/ computer
- Open it and type “image search” in the search box
- The next search window will have two options; search by voice and search by image. Click the little camera icon to search by image.
- You can then drag and drop the Instagram image, upload it, take a photo in real-time, or paste the image URL.
How to Do Reverse Image Search on Instagram with TinEye
TinEye is another reliable reverse image search engine that relies on visuals rather than keywords. Using it is fast, easy, and free.
All you need to do is;
- Visit TinEye.com
- Right on the homepage, upload the Instagram picture you want to search, paste a URL, or drag and drop
- Hit the search icon and wait for your results
How to Instagram Reverse Image Search with Pixsy
Like TinEye, Pixsy also relies on visuals rather than keywords. However, what makes the tool unique is that it gives you the option to take measures against offenders using your images.
You can sign up to use Pixsy by following these simple steps;
- Go to the main website at pixsy.com
- Hit “sign up” from the top-right corner of the homepage
- In the next window, enter your email, first and last name, choose your country, and create a password.
- To log into the site, you just need to enter your email and password, and you are ready to do your search.
Using the methods we have discussed above will help you find out where your images are being used on the web other than what you have posted on your Instagram account yourself. If your aim is to find an account with the image, then what you intend to achieve with the search is a link to a profile on Instagram.
People Also Asked About Instagram
The short and simple answer is no. Instagram doesn’t have an image search feature and therefore you cannot search or find someone on Instagram using their picture.
For users’ privacy, Instagram doesn’t allow search engines to crawl and index images from the platform. The only way to search for an image is using search engines like Google and Bing, and tools search as TinEye.