Cats can be sneaky, and getting a cat to come home at the right time can be a real challenge. Using a GPS tracker for cats is an easy way to keep track of them in case it gets lost or scared away by predators.
The best GPS tracker for cats will work with your phone and provide you with location data so that you always know where your pet is, who it’s visiting, and what its environment looks like.
This guide takes you through some of the best GPS trackers to help keep tabs on your precious cat. Read on to have a detailed view of the one to choose from.
Factors to Consider when Choosing a GPS Tracker for Cats
To ensure you get quality and reliable service when purchasing a product, there are some factors you must look out for.
Here are some factors to consider in a GPS Tracker for cats:
- Battery life of the GPS tracker
- How small is it for easy placement on your cat without causing uncomfortable conditions?
- Hardware quality and durability to sustain rough conditions
- Good monitoring capabilities between the tracker and your smartphone
- Price of the tracker. Is it a product you can afford to purchase and maintain its payment subscriptions if it has one?
- Customer care service from the tracking company
- Ease of use and set-up process of the tracker.
7 Best GPS Tracker for Cats
After consideration of the above features, it’s time to select one that best suits your needs. Below is a list of GPS trackers you can use to keep track of your cat. Please go through them and make an informed decision.
1. Cat Tailer Cat Tracker
Do you have trouble finding your cat when you want her to come inside? Well, Cat Tailer is here for you. The Cat Tailer tracker is an effective, reliable solution that tails your cat with the latest tracking technology.
It broadcasts a very low-energy wireless homing beacon that is picked up by your smartphone and based on the strength of the signal, the Cat Tailer smartphone application determines approximately how far you are from your pet.
It is lightweight and uses Bluetooth low-energy technology to broadcast its signal between the app and the tracker.
- Application availability for both Android and iOS smartphones
- Uses Bluetooth for connectivity
- Powered by a battery
- No subscriptions
- Durable and waterproof
- Application monitoring from smartphones
- Replaceable battery after 6 months
- Accurate tracking
- It requires no subscription
- Easy to use
- Slow signal connection
2. PetFon GPS Cat Collar
This GPS tracker provides your cat with the security monitoring it needs to give you peace of mind anywhere, anytime.. It encompasses an array of features for durability, alongside the use of unique technology in the tracking and relay of information.
It has a tracking distance of about 3-5 miles with a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 8-16 hours for your tracking needs.
- lightweight at 14.89 ounces
- Real-time long-distance tracking
- 4 mode fences
- Anti-lost radar checking
- App for use on iOS and Android devices
- Real-time tracking
- Good customer support
- Easy to use
- Tracker is reliable and accurate
- Low battery life
- Experiences connection issues between the app and the tracker
3. Tractive GPS Cat Tracker
With an all-in-one package, this GPS Cat Tracker gives you a range of features that you won’t find anywhere else.
Enjoy 24/7 real-time tracking of your cat’s movements, safe zones with virtual fences that alert you if your cat leaves them, and incredible coverage so you can stay up to date on their location from any device. Your subscription includes unlimited location tracking and real-time alerts too.
- Live Tracking
- Instant updates
- Location History
- Virtual fence
- Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- App for use on android and iOS devices
- lightweight measuring 1.23 ounces
- Replaceable battery
- Instant updates and alerts on your device
- Worldwide tracking
- Recommended for large and medium cats
- Harness mount is not included
4. Whistle Go GPS Tracker
Give your cat a sense of security with the Whistle GPS tracking device. This tracking device helps protect your furry friend from travel mishaps and the risks associated with urban life, including major roadways and busy public areas.
Simply attach it to your cat’s collar, and customize the Whistle app to send alerts and insights to key people in your pack. Pinpoint your pet’s location with live tracking so that you know where to look when looking for them. Plus, know where your cat went, day or night by viewing the history data.
- Live GPS tracking
- Wi-fi connectivity
- Health and fitness monitoring
- Tracking range up to 3000 miles
- App for use on Android and iOS devices
- 20-day battery life
- Chat with a vet feature through the app, email, or phone
- Light-weight at only 11.99 ounces
- Real-time monitoring
- Instant alerts notifications on your smartphone
- Weekly reports on the health of your cat
- Long battery life for monitoring
- A seamless app that is easy to use on your smartphone
- Good customer and vet support
- Sometimes it experiences connectivity issues
5. Tracki 2020 Model Mini Real-time GPS Tracker
This is a great tracker for cats because it can track your pet’s location in real-time, as well as send you instant alerts if they wander away or go missing. It has a long battery life of up to 5 months and works via 3G GSM network coverage.
You can even check on your cat using their free app on both Android and iOS devices. It also comes with a one-year warranty, to give you time to decide if it works well with your cat.
- Large tracking area
- Rechargeable battery
- Small and lightweight
- Application integration for both Android and iOS devices
- Warranty Available
- Geo-fencing features
- Live tracking throughout the globe
- Easy installation
- User-friendly system
- Instant alerts and notifications
- Fast battery drain
- Slow alert updates
6. TabCat Cat Tracker
The TabCat Tracker is a great choice for pet owners who want to keep tabs on their cats. It uses radio frequency to track down your pet with high accuracy within inches of its current location.
The system allows you to register and keep track of up to four cats at once with different tags. It is waterproof and Bluetooth-enabled so you don’t need to worry about keeping it hidden away in an inaccessible spot.
- Small and lightweight
- Uses radio frequency
- No subscription required
7. Findster Duo
One of the best things about Findster Duo is that you can use it in the rain too. The battery life of this product is up to 5 days, so you won’t have to worry about replacing it as often as some other trackers on this list.
Findster Duo is waterproof and shockproof, making it ideal for outdoor use. It comes with a USB charger cable and an AC adapter so you can keep your cat close by wherever you go.
- Powered by a rechargeable battery
- Instant alerts
- Rechargeable batteries
- No subscription packages
- Cost for the “Vet Chat” feature
With the above review, we are sure of you making the right decision in choosing the best GPS tracker for your cat. Please note that our data is based on customer reviews of the different trackers.
If you want something that is simple to use and set up, the Tracki 2020 Mini or Whistle 3 are great options. However, if you want something more customizable with features like temperature alerts and pet activity tracking for dogs, we recommend checking out PetFon Duo.
People Also Asked About
There are many GPS trackers with unique features that distinguish each of them. As seen from the list above, a good tracker should give you instant updates on the whereabouts of your cat with ease.
Different trackers have different transmission modes for tracking your cat. Most of them use Bluetooth, GPS, and radio waves to communicate with you through the remote or application on your smartphone.